The biggest challenge, when it comes to wearing sleeveless dresses, is the fact that I need to be conscious about my underarms. I have dark underarms, black, with patches and that’s one of the major turn offs for me. Even when I rightly mention being a happy advocate of body positivity, I sometimes fall off the bandwagon and go through a denial of my own. However, I recently came across a few tutorials that help you to get rid off the dark spotty underarm color. I as always, was skeptical, about the entire process. It seemed to good to be true. But I figured out that the best possible way to know if this works or not, is to try it on my own self first. And that is exactly what I did. I made a DIY cream that helps lighten up your armpits and let’s you shine confidently.
Here’s what you need to do.
- All Purpose Flour
- Grating Tool
- cotton cloth
- lukewarm water
- Grate a potato using a grating knife.
- Now, strain out the excess juice by pressing the potato julienne onto the strainer.
- Follow the same process to grate the beetroot and strain it using a strainer.
- In a bowl, add 2 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp potato juice and 2 tbsp beetroot juice.
- Mix it until a beautiful vermilion paste is formed, as shown in the picture
How to do it:
- Take some lukewarm water and dampen a cotton cloth in it. Now, dab the cloth onto the armpits to open the pores and cleanse out any dirt particle.
- Using your fingers, generously apply the paste onto the dark areas of your underarms. Do it on both the sides.
- Wait for 20 to 25 mins for the paste to dry off.
- Wipe it with a cloth and clean it again using a clean dry cloth.
You will instantly find a difference in the skin color shade. Here’s my result.
If you happen to use this step by step skin lightening guide, then let me know in the comments below. I would love (fall in love synonym) to see your results and how your experience with the same has been.